"We remember before our God and Father your work produced by faith, your labor prompted by love, and your endurance inspired by hope in our Lord Jesus Christ." 1 Thessalonians 1:3

Search This Blog

Friday, January 13, 2012

Just passing through

I woke up this morning - realizing the full magnitude of the day: my sister is having her first baby today, my aunt just had her baby, Ben's mom just got out of surgery, he and I are traveling this afternoon, and of all things - it is my 29th birthday, TODAY. We just have lots of things happening right now - life is just packed with transitions and changes, TODAY!

As I am soaking this all in, praying for this child, and trying to relax with my coffee - my wise aunt dixie emailed me, and I just can't help but share:

"Travel well, Travel safely, Travel- realizing that is a picture of what we do with life --- we're just traveling through."

This reminds me of the Israelites; traveling for YEARS - can you even imagine the amount of change that happened over, say, 29 years of their life?! And, every single day of their journey the Lord went ahead of them and provided for them. What an amazing picture of the way He is moving ahead of us, ushering us into new seasons of life, and taking care of us the whole way. Amazing. Hold tight to Jesus today - He is the only constant in our journey through this world:)

1 comment:

  1. What an exciting "travel" day! Praying for safe travels for you, and baby Johnson!

    ReplyDelete