"We remember before our God and Father your work produced by faith, your labor prompted by love, and your endurance inspired by hope in our Lord Jesus Christ." 1 Thessalonians 1:3

Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

In need of a Savior!

I am studying Esther and Ruth right now - and learning TONS about being a girl! Go figure - I am 28 yeras old - and just now learning to be comfortable in my feminine skin! I am trying to unpack exactly why – and mostly I think it’s just our culture. Our culture tells us to be tough and independent and that I don’t “need” any help; I can do it all myself.


I am learning, now – that God didn’t create us to be independent – or to do life by ourselves. He created us to be in relationship with Him – to ask for and rely on help from Him. The whole point of life is to learn to life in relationship with Christ – our PERSONAL savior – who knows us completely and loves us unconditionally.



And, all of our Earthly relationships reveal something about the way we are called to relate to Christ – and I think marriage is an especially awesome blessing in this respect! I am already learning from my marriage relationship about the deep LOVE that God has for each of us. I am also learning that relationships REFINE us! Each person in your life is there to “chip” something away – or “sheer” off some of the “wool” that is keeping us from a full relationship with Christ.



God is showing me that admitting my need (for anything and everything!) is the first step to having an authentic conversation with Christ. So – I need help – but my help comes from above – so that I can in turn help and love the precious people in my life. Thank you Jesus, for showing me how much I need you!



"For we do not have a high priest who is unable to empathize with our weaknesses, but we have one who has been tempted in every way, just as we are—yet he did not sin. Let us then approach God’s throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need." – Hebrews 4: 15-16

No comments:

Post a Comment